Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife going India H4 stamping, I am approved for H1B in USA but not stamped

Hi All,
    I recently got approved for H1B and my wife for H4 in United States. My wife need to go to India but I am not going. Is there any problem for her to get her Visa (H4) stamped since I have not stamped my Visa (H1B)? Also what document she will need in Embassy during interview? Help is appreciated...

I recently got approved for H1B and my wife for H4 in United States. My wife need to go to India but I am not going. Is there any problem for her to get her Visa (H4) stamped since I have not stamped my Visa (H1B)?
    >>> No issues. Your visa has nothing do with her getting her H4 stamped.

Also what document she will need in Embassy during interview? Help is appreciated.
    >>> https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

[QUOTE=shervin143;224969]I recently got approved for H1B and my wife for H4 in United States. My wife need to go to India but I am not going. Is there any problem for her to get her Visa (H4) stamped since I have not stamped my Visa (H1B)?
      >>> No issues. Your visa has nothing do with her getting her H4 stamped.

@ Shervin143, Thanks for your reply. Only thing concerning to me is that H4 is dependent Visa which is issued on the basis of H1B status of spouse. Though my status is approved (I have approval notice) while staying in US but I do not have stamped Visa as I havenot flew outside of States since then. Hopefully my wife will not need a copy of my Visa to show to consulate, she can have only a copy of my H1B approval notice. Is this sufficient? Has anybodyelse gone through the same experience?

Comment

My wife will be going india for H4 stamping and also my H1B visa got approved.

Is there any problem while getting stamping in india? Could you please provide your suggestions and also which are the documents are require for stamping.

Appreciate to your help....!!!

Comment

>>> Your H1B approval notice is enough. Did you check the link that I provided you in the previous reply (List of documents required for H4 stamping). Did you see H1B visa specified anywhere in that list for H4?

@ Shervin143, Thanks for your reply. Only thing concerning to me is that H4 is dependent Visa which is issued on the basis of H1B status of spouse. Though my status is approved (I have approval notice) while staying in US but I do not have stamped Visa as I havenot flew outside of States since then. Hopefully my wife will not need a copy of my Visa to show to consulate, she can have only a copy of my H1B approval notice. Is this sufficient? Has anybodyelse gone through the same experience?[/QUOTE]

Comment

The link to list of required documents for H4 stamping is already in this post. Scroll down and check the link.

Originally posted by kumar519 View Post
            Is there any problem while getting stamping in india? Could you please provide your suggestions and also which are the documents are require for stamping.

Appreciate to your help....!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X