Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we need to apply for H4 Extension/Transfer when H1 is transffered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need to apply for H4 Extension/Transfer when H1 is transffered?

Hello

Can some one please advice on the below questions?

1. My H1B 6th year term will be complete by June 2012. I'm transferring my H1 which is valid till June 2012 to a different employer this week. My wife's current H4 is also valid till June 2012. When I transfer my H1, do I need to apply for H4 transfer?

2. We are going to India in April 2011. If we don't apply for H4 transfer/extension, can she get the visa stamping based on my new H1?

3. I'm planning to apply for PERM and premimum I-140 after getting the H1 transfer approved so that we will get H1 extension beyond the 6 year term. Is it better to wait for the I-140 approval (going to India and stamping the visa till June 2012) so that we can get the extended term in Visa stamping?

Thanks much..

1. My H1B 6th year term will be complete by June 2012. I'm transferring my H1 which is valid till June 2012 to a different employer this week. My wife's current H4 is also valid till June 2012. When I transfer my H1, do I need to apply for H4 transfer?
    >>> Not required. H4 extension can be filed 6 months prior to the I-94 (associated with H4) expiry date by you.

2. We are going to India in April 2011. If we don't apply for H4 transfer/extension, can she get the visa stamping based on my new H1?
    >>> Yes.

3. I'm planning to apply for PERM and premimum I-140 after getting the H1 transfer approved so that we will get H1 extension beyond the 6 year term. Is it better to wait for the I-140 approval (going to India and stamping the visa till June 2012) so that we can get the extended term in Visa stamping?
    >>> Not sure what you are trying to ask. Stamping has nothing to do with your I-140 approval. The visa is issued only based on the approved H1B petition.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X