L1 to H1B transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1B transfer

I looked through a few post but I didn't get clear picture on the L1 to H1 transfer.
    So here is my explanation of the situation and then my questions.

I am currently in the U.S working on a L1 visa with employer A for over a year. I am looking into transferring on H1 to work for another employer B.

Ques 1. Do I need to go back to India to get my H1 transfer visa stamp done, or I can just do it here from staying within the U.S and transfer from L1 to H1?

Ques 2. Do I need to wait until H1 quota opens up in April, or I can do the transfer anytime?

Ques 1. Do I need to go back to India to get my H1 transfer visa stamp done, or I can just do it here from staying within the U.S and transfer from L1 to H1?
    stamping will be done in done but not necessary. you can work there once your H1 approval is done

Ques 2. Do I need to wait until H1 quota opens up in April, or I can do the transfer anytime?
    This year H1 quota is not filled yet, You can still apply if you get a employer there who is ready for file H1 for you.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pr1111 View Post
      I looked through a few post but I didn't get clear picture on the L1 to H1 transfer.
      So here is my explanation of the situation and then my questions.

I am currently in the U.S working on a L1 visa with employer A for over a year. I am looking into transferring on H1 to work for another employer B.

You will need a Visa whenever you leave the US. Until then H1 change of status approval with a new I-94 will be sufficient to stay and work in the US.
      H1 cap is open right now, your employer can apply now with immediate starting date.
      Remember once change of status to H1 is approved, you must work for the H1 employer only.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X