Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer

Hi experts,
    I have a question on H1 transfer. suppose my H1b is expiring on 31st march 2011 and I'm joining a new company & they initiate a H1B tranfser in Feb 2011, will i get another 3 years approval Or they have to apply for extension again ? thru the transfer to the new company, what will be the h1b validity date.

Pls help understand how it works.

Thank You.

Transfer will come with an extension. But the extension will be as per the project itinerary provided by the employer. If the employer shows work documents only for 1 year, then you will get the extension only for 1 year. USCIS won't blindly approve extension for 3 years.
    Last edited by shervin143; 01-03-2011, 04:50 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks!

Do they have to apply for an Extension when they apply for transfer ?

If i apply for extension thru my current company before they apply for transfer, is it going to affect the decision of tranfser ?

Thank you...

Comment

Extension/transfer/new petition are all the same in USCIS's eyes. Any number of companies can file petitions for you. While your I-94 is valid you can work for any one of these petitioning employers.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi,
          My question is - Q1- is the transfer decision going to be affected because i have applied for extension thru my current employer?
          Q2- suppose my current H1b expired but the extension is in progress, Can i apply for transfer to a new company.

Thank you.

Comment

My question is - Q1- is the transfer decision going to be affected because i have applied for extension thru my current employer?
            >>> No. The previous reply clearly states the same.

Q2- suppose my current H1b expired but the extension is in progress, Can i apply for transfer to a new company.
            >>> Yes. Search and read about posts related to "bridging" in immihelp.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X