Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***URGENT **** H1B Extension for 7th year - No Receipt received or any Status!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***URGENT **** H1B Extension for 7th year - No Receipt received or any Status!!!

Respected Sir/Madam,

My spouse employer processed Green card for him and with god's grace labor and I-140 got approved with out any issues, however they applied for H1B extension for next 3 more years on 20th Dec 2010 with premium processing at Vermont Center (Shipping Tracking details shows its reached on 20th Dec 2010), but unfortunately till date we have not received Receipt number or any status on his extension. Our visa/I-94 got expired on 06th Jan 2011 itself (completed 6 yrs on H1B).
    Attorney is saying we can stay for another 240 days more with out any issues. Can I know what could be going on tentatively at VSC? Why we have not received the Receipt number or any status? When Labor and I-140 got approved so easily then why Extension is getting delayed? What we can do next?

My only fear is if its get denied then we will not be having much time to sell off House and vehicles...................... Appreciate your immediate response.

Thanks in advance.

rgds
    Prettygul

Each petition is independent and the labor and i140 approval have got nothing to do with H1b approval.

You just have to be patient and wait. Due to holidays, there might have been receipting delays. Also with premium Processing, the attorneyhas a special email that he can write to to follow up. But you have to wait till you get the receipt which is almost immediate for PP customers.

Did they apply to the right center/lock box address?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I had been in a similar situation, upgraded to premium on Dec 14th and got approval on JAN 6th. I got my approval exactly on 15th BUSINESS DAY, as opposed to CALENDER DAYS. So nothing to worry, you should have a decision in a day or two.

Comment

Thanks for reply....

Originally posted by maverick7008 View Post
        I had been in a similar situation, upgraded to premium on Dec 14th and got approval on JAN 6th. I got my approval exactly on 15th BUSINESS DAY, as opposed to CALENDER DAYS. So nothing to worry, you should have a decision in a day or two.
        Dear Maverick,

Thanks for reply and congrats for your approval.

Can you let me know when you applied for Regular Processing? What was the reason for upgrading to PP? Even we were expecting the same to get approval with in 15 days but unfortunately we have not received atleast a Recepit number which helps us to track the status.

Hopefully we will get response soon.

rgds
        Prettygul

Comment

Thanks for reply!!!

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
          Each petition is independent and the labor and i140 approval have got nothing to do with H1b approval.

You just have to be patient and wait. Due to holidays, there might have been receipting delays. Also with premium Processing, the attorneyhas a special email that he can write to to follow up. But you have to wait till you get the receipt which is almost immediate for PP customers.

Did they apply to the right center/lock box address?
          Dear Txh1b,

Thanks for reply. They applied to VSC and in the shipping tracking status it says signed by the Lady over there. So its very much confirmed that VSC received it.

rgds
          Prettygul

Comment

Originally posted by prettygul View Post
            Dear Maverick,

Thanks for reply and congrats for your approval.

Can you let me know when you applied for Regular Processing? What was the reason for upgrading to PP? Even we were expecting the same to get approval with in 15 days but unfortunately we have not received atleast a Recepit number which helps us to track the status.

Hopefully we will get response soon.

rgds
            Prettygul
            My Drivers license was tied up to my H1, so had to bump it to premium as the expiry date was nearing. I changed it to Premium on Dec14th and got approval on Jan6th.

And you should be able to get the receipt number from your employer. And one more thing I observed is, the status didnt show that my petition was upgraded to premium though it was. So need to panic if you dont see Premium processing in the status.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X