Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1 Extension

Hi Experts,

I work in Wipro and have been staying in US for 3 years. My H-1 is due for extension second time in May' 2011. The client with whom I am right now doesnt have a policy of issuing Extension letter for its contractors. After much persuading they have agreed for a blanket extension letter for Wipro but the letter will not contain my name. That will be a common letter for Wipro.

I just want to ask whether this will lead to some issues in my extension? Now a days a lot of queries come up while applying for extension and few cases even get rejected. So I am a bot concerned whether this blanket letter with no specific name from client is an issue or not

Please let me know

Thanks in advance!

Vijay
    Last edited by VijayUS; 01-12-2011, 07:45 PM. Reason: Changing Incorrect Name

Possible for a RFE. to be safe, have them apply for extension 6 months prior to your I-94 expiration date.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks!!

Thanks a lot for the reply... Unfortunately, just 5 months remain and they will not give a blanket letter before February.. so i guess I will have just 4 months...

Comment

I work for CTS, Actually we are working for our company at client place..It is not manditory to have client signed letter. You can have your wipro manger signed letter with project and roles...

Many got extended using this type of letter. Even i am in extension...

All the best

-rajkarus

Comment

Originally posted by rajkarus View Post
          I work for CTS, Actually we are working for our company at client place..It is not manditory to have client signed letter. You can have your wipro manger signed letter with project and roles...

Many got extended using this type of letter. Even i am in extension...

All the best

-rajkarus
          Hi Rajkarus,

Thanks for this note. Please let me know the format of the letter that you provide via your manager. What does it state apart from Project and Roles?

Thanks
          Vijay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X