Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1 B Transfer when just 4 months remain for I94 expiry

Hi,

I have another question regarding H1 extension and transfer. I have just 5 months left for my next visa extension. My Visa has still got 3 years left on it. Right now I am with Employer A (which hasnt filed for my extension yet). I am thinking of switching jobs in another month ( I have no offer and just one interview is scheduled).

Do you think, just 4 months remaining for next extension will prove to be an obstacle in me finding the new job? I mean are the employers reluctant to hire people for whom they have to file extension immidiately after hiring them?

I know it depends on the firm and the person but just wanted to ask whether this usually happens?

Thanks
    Vijay

I think you are confused about the way extension works. When you move to a new employer, the petition (even if transfer) is considered a new petition that is approvable to a maximum of 3 years and will not be for just 4 months.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

New employer can request 3 years if 3 years remain in the 6 year limit.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
        I think you are confused about the way extension works. When you move to a new employer, the petition (even if transfer) is considered a new petition that is approvable to a maximum of 3 years and will not be for just 4 months.
        Oh Ok... That was indeed a new information for me... Thanks a lot for clearing this... You have been of great help to me txh1b!

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          New employer can request 3 years if 3 years remain in the 6 year limit.
          Thank you kabkaba

Comment

Well, the employer should be able tp provide the work itinerary for the next 3 years to get a three year extension. If the employer is able to provide work itinerary only for 1 year, then the extension will be granted for only 1 year. USCIS doesn't blindly approve a 3 year extension.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X