Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Amendment

Hi All,

Appreciate your help...below is my case...

I work for a software consulting firm in India and currently in US on a H1B Visa approved till 2013. I had to change the location and client as my company has got many projects here in US and so had to file an H1 B Amendment for the same. I recently got a new approved I-797A notice of action along with I94 attached which has validity till 2013. I have been advised in the notice to detach the right hand portion and keep along with my I-94 and return it while leaving US. The left hand portion is the one which i need to carry as personnel record. It has the same validity until 2013.

Iam planning to go to India for sometime and will be back in a month. My QUESTION is with my H1B stamped until 2013 and along with I94 permanent record do i need to go for stamping to US Consulate again or does this new approval along with Detached I94 copy should be enough for re-entry. Does my company need to complete I-824 before I re enter..?

Kindly advice if anyone has been in such a situation.

Thanks,
    Avinash

If you already have a valid H1B visa stamped in your passport, the you can use that to re-enter U.S. Show the amended H1B petition at the POE to get the new I-94.
    You have to return all the I-94's when you leave the country. Like mentioned in the approval notice, cut the I-94 from the I-797 and staple it to the one in the passport.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X