Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Job Market

Guys,

I have started hearing from my H1B Sponsored company that the job market / Demand in USA for Java developers are increasing day by day.

Is that really true? I am planning to quit my job in India and move to USA, so do you think April/Early may would be right time to enter USA?

Also what are the hourly rates that a java developer with 7yrs of exp can expect?

PS: I do understand it depends on the consultant's contact and other stuff, but just wanted to have an Idea before making any decision. Also, I do know that rates vary from place to place and industry to industry, but approx rates and other details would be really helpful.

Thanks again to one and all in this group, Who really helped me to take the correct decision of not entering US during the recession. huh!

if u want a honest advice - dont get into it

H1b life sucks

Now a days the check for H1b is extremely high

u wanna quit ur job and move to US - for what......

life is so good In india in all aspect - grass is always green on other side

yes u might make a few dollars more - but life in consulting - is equal to slavery

If u want to chose this path - welcome to america

Comment

oh!!

Really?

Infact I asked my employer to get me an interview while I am in India, but he says client wouldn't do that unless I am in US and have SSN number and even if they do (on rare occasion) no one would wait for a month, since I have to give 1 month notice here in my Indian company.

I am really

Comment

be happy with the life u have

not the right time to get into US - h1b - job - consulting - all sucks

i just want to give u a heads up and not go thru hell

Comment

IT consulting in the US is almost finished. If you really want to move to the US, join a company like Infosys, Tech Mahindra, TCS.. in India, ... they will send you to the US on projects and pay you well and most importantly on time. If you quit your job in India and join a consulting company in the US, you will regret why you had to do such a move. The consulting company will 100% torture you.

Comment

Thanks.

I do understand people exploit H1s, but there are good people as well. Atleast my sponsored company didn't charge me even a single $ for my H1.

Not sure what to do. Can any one else throw some more light on this

Comment

Ohhh, and they will give you a free flight ticket as well. After that they will take back 1000 times of what they spent on you by not paying you and not allowing you to switch employers.
              Its something like fishing.. first you put the tastiest worm on the fishing line for the fish. Once the fish catches the hook, you put the fish on the frying pan.

Comment

Sachin You are not able to undestand the situation untill you face..

Comment

hmmm!

Thanks anyways guys

Comment

sachin - u need to come to US and face all the things i have said -

Comment

yeah SachiH1, you need to take a printout of this thread, come to the US on H1b through the consulting company, then after 6 months when you are falling to the feet of your consulting company CEO crying to pay your paycheck, open this printout and read it. you will understand what we were trying to tell you.

Comment

US Job Market

Hi Guys.... i got H1B visa last week i.e JULY 7th.. i am planing to travel US .. Please let me know is this the right time to come US for Job search or its better to come in Feb,2011 and how is the US Job Market now... please guide me so that i can plan...

Regards,
                        Satya K
                        Last edited by SATYAKUNCHALA; 07-20-2011, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Satya,

I dont know if you read the complete thread, my dear friends have suggested Sachin of the situation here and you are still asking when is the good time to come to US.

I am now suffering because of my employer. No Pay Check, No Pay Stub as with all others in consulting business. As suggested, if possible get the H1 transferred to any Indian company like Wipro, Infosys etc and come here. Atleast that way you will get your salary promptly.

Dude..Consulting sucks here on h1.

Rest is up to u for deciding.

Comment

US Job Market

Yaa i have gone through the thread... but it was 2008 right... I know In 2008 US market is too bad... wht about 2011-12 still same situation and any improvement in getting the jobs.

Comment

Hi Sachin,

Currently the unemployment rate in US is around 10%.Hence there is a real crack down on H1 employees who work on E-V-C model.Hence please consider moving to US only in case your employer has direct clients.Currently there is a huge risk in working on E-V-C model even if you are paid well and the company treats you well.Many of my friends who went for a 3 weeks vacation to India are hit with 221(G) and they are all stuck without having a clear picture of when their cases will be cleared.FYI some these guys were on their 7th year extension and they have their own homes/cars etc in US.Strangely one of these guys worked for a top IB in NY on E-C model.It is really shocking to know that after working in this country and paying taxes for 6-7 years,they still can throw these legal immigrants out in the name of some phony process.Personally I feel the section 221G and Administrative processing are used as a tool to purposely delay the re entry of these H1B employees and to force their employers to remove these people from their payrolls.Under these circumstances as someone suggested it is wise to move to US through one of the Indian companies than working as a consultant.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X