Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice period

Hi ,

Recently i got H1B (Change of status from L1B).i ended up in a situation that i can't give more that one week notice period to my L1 Employer.
    Is there any law in US regarding Notice period.Can my L1 Emploer sue me if i can't give 2 weeks notice period.Is 2 weeks notice period is mandatory.
    I tried my level best to give 2 weeks notice period but i failed to do so under current circumstances.Please help

Thanks

Hi OP,

There is no US law for 2 weeks notice.
    Here in US -its generally employment at will....i.e. either employer can fire you (withot notice) or you can leave the job (without notice)....its just the courtsey...to serve the notice period..

But here are the possible consequences (generally with Indian companies)..if you don't leave the company on amicable terms/mututal understanding:

(a) Employer will not give you Experience Letter/may create problems in giving it.
    (b) Employer may revoke your H1/L1 petition - so make sure that your new H1/L1 petition is filed before it happens...
    (c) Employer may not sue you....but he may deduct amount from your last paycheck as "Final Settlement" clause...etc...

Thanks and Regards,
    Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X