No announcement yet.

DS 160 question (H4 stamping h4-h1-h4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160 question (H4 stamping h4-h1-h4)

My wife is going to india and she has to get her H4 stamped while coming back, these on DS 160 form electronic form at one section even though i mentioned her as home maker they are asking to provide her previous 5 years work experience if she has any.

she got her h1 in 2008 stayed on it for 6 months(dint work no paystubs) and changed her status back to H4, after getting her cos approved we also travelled to india on preveously stamped H4 in 2009 .

Can any one please tell if we need to give this h1 companys name in the work experience or can i just mention her india experience with out mentioning the h1 company.

if they find out and ask her if she had any h1 before, how do you think she should defend her self?

1 more thing is i am mentioning her SSN in the form as they are asking for it , do you thing they will ask how did she get SSN .

Are you selecting your spouse as the principle applicant while creating the application?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Are you selecting your spouse as the principle applicant while creating the application?
      No shervin,

she's going as dependent am the principle applicant, actually we canged her status to h4 long back in U.S and also travelled to india on her previous h4 stamping .

Comment

That is what I wanted to confirm. If you select her as the dependent applicant, then the system should NOT prompt to fill the previous employment hostory. I am not sure what you are doing wrong.

Better check with the VFS helpdesk.

Comment

Hi shervin,

at current employment section i am selecting Home maker, then in the next page its asking if you are previously employed , should i select no here but she worked in india before coming to US and also applied for h1 showing that experience.

did you fill the new DS 160 form for your wife, you dint get this screen?

Can you please verify and also let me know how i can contact VFS.

Comment

There is nothing wrong in filling the previous employment history on the H4 visa application. This will not have any impact on the visa processing. If the system prompts you to enter the previous work history, then go ahead and enter it. Maybe the below link will help you.
            https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-app...n-form-ds-160/

Comment

Hi rikky,

I am in same situation. Can you tell me what option did you selected for Are you previously Employed?

My Case :

My wife came to US on H4 2008 and applied for H1 and got approved oct 2008 and did not worked any where no paystubs and went to India Apr 2009 and came back on her previously stamped H4 and In May 2010 her H4 got expired applied for extension and approved now Apr 2011 she went to india. Now I am planning to do her H4 visa stamp.

Your answer will help a lot. Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,
              vj

Comment

Need urgent Help!!

Was on h4 and got my h1 approval in oct 2013 and was immediately on leave since oct1 for 3 months due to some personal reasons, later resigned my job and converted to h4 on jan 17th(dint work for even a single day and was also not payed which means no pay checks).
                Does that really mean i was employed ?
                Right now I need to go for h4 stamping.
                So do I need to mention my earlier employee details in ds 160 form?

Oct 1st 2013 - Leave letter upto Jan 17th 2014

Jan 17th applied for Change of status and on H4.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X