Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport return after H1/H4 approval in Sydney

Folks,

I will attend the interview on 4th of Mar and I have an international travel on 11th Mar. I am really concerned. Can any one tell me what can I do to ensure I get the passport returned in time? Many thanks!

Yang

If you clear the interview and if there is no administrative process or PIMS delay on your case, then you can collect the passport at the VFS counter the immediate next day. If your application goes into admin processing or if there is a PIMS delay, then there is nothing much you could do other than to wait for the process to get completed and passport been delivered to you.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      If you clear the interview and if there is no administrative process or PIMS delay on your case, then you can collect the passport at the VFS counter the immediate next day. If your application goes into admin processing or if there is a PIMS delay, then there is nothing much you could do other than to wait for the process to get completed and passport been delivered to you.
      Thanks for you information. It helps a lot!

I emailed the consulate (attached the I797 form) about the PIMS check and got the following reply:

"The petition attached can be verified as approved in the PIMS system"

Does that mean I don't need to worry about the PIMS delay?

Apart from PIMS delay, what kind of admin processing could be? Can you specify it? Is there anything I do to avoid this process?

Many Thanks!

Comment

"The petition attached can be verified as approved in the PIMS system"
        Does that mean I don't need to worry about the PIMS delay?
        >>> Looks like your petition information is already present in the PIMS database. You don't need to worry about it.

Apart from PIMS delay, what kind of admin processing could be? Can you specify it?
        >>> Follow this thread.
        http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83302

Is there anything I do to avoid this process?
        >>> Carrying proper documentation will help.
        https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X