• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Extension? Spouse's H1 Denied once

Hi,
    I need your valuable suggession. Please help
    Background -
    1- I was working wtih Company A on H1B and my wife was with me on H4 (Visa and I94 for both me and my wife valid till Nov 2011)
    2 - In Nov 2010 Company B filed my H1(Transfer) and i started working with Company B on receipt Notice(bad decision). unfortunately it got denied and I stopped working. Company B re-filed with additional document and it got approved in Jan 2011(no I-94)
    3 - I travelled to Maxico and re-enter to reinstate my H1 status and got new I-94 based on new I-797 and old visa and started working again with Company B

Now i am concered about my Wife becasue due to my previous H denial she was also Out of status i believe. Do you know how can i get her into valid H4 status

1 - Does she has to go to India and get new H4 stamp ?
    2 - Can she try going to Canada/Maxico and re-enter based on my H1B petition
    3 - File I-539 ?

what would be the best/fast way to handle this situation??

Any info in this regards would he helpful..

She doesn't need to do anything. Since her I-94 associated with the H4 is currently valid, she can continue to stay.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you Shervin. I am feeling much better after knowing that she is not out of status.

My only other question is that her I-94 is valid till Nov'11 and my current H1 petition and I-94 is valid till Jan 2013. so I would have to get her I-94 extended any way beyond Nov'11. Do you think if I make a trip to Canada wtih her and try to get New I-94 for her based on my new Petition that would get her the permission to stay till Jan 2013 ?

Thank you in advance for your valuable reply...

Comment

Yes. Going out and retuning back is an option. However, it is not required to go out of the country just to get the I-94 extended. You can file her extension of status based on your approved petition. The extension can be filed 6 months prioer to her I-94 expiry date. Check the below link

/show-form/i-539
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for the information Shervin

Great..Thank you for the information. I will read and act accordingly

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X