• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa interview date for mumbai

Hi Guys,

did anyone read the below piece of news:

Partial Reduction in Visa Operations at U.S. Consulate, Mumbai
    The Government of U.S is committed to facilitate the visa interview process throughout India and is constructing a new Consulate for Mumbai. The new multi-million dollar Mumbai Consulate facility is scheduled to open later this year.

Unfortunately, the current Mumbai Consulate building’s aging infrastructure has forced us to close several of the interview windows in Mumbai, limiting the number of applicants that can be accommodated at a given time.

If you have already scheduled an H or L visa interview appointment at the Mumbai Consulate, you may keep that interview time. No new H or L visa appointments will be made at the Mumbai Consulate. New H and L interviews may be scheduled at the other U.S. Consulates in India or the Embassy in New Delhi.

What does this mean? Do we need to book an appointment in the other consulates?

That is exactly what the message says.

Originally posted by reddykrishna123 View Post
    What does this mean? Do we need to book an appointment in the other consulates?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

yeah i get that but it would also mean a new ds-160 as i filled one with mumbai as the consulate...right???

Comment

Yes. But my assumption is, if you try to book an appointment with the DS-160 that you have already filled for Mumbai, then it will show you a different consulate automatically (Probably New Delhi). Anyways, since this is very new, I suggest you talk to the VFS helpdesk @ mumbai.

Originally posted by reddykrishna123 View Post
        yeah i get that but it would also mean a new ds-160 as i filled one with mumbai as the consulate...right???
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X