Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1-B transfer from non-profit to PROFIT and re-stamping???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B transfer from non-profit to PROFIT and re-stamping???

Hi All,

I am currently working for a hospital/research; non-profit organization which got bought over by a larger health care firm and now they are making the institution for PROFIT (in short I am not changing jobs). I had gotten my H1-B extension (for non-profit) for my current employer in Dec, 2010 and stamped. Now they say I have to file for H1-B again this April, 2011 under the PROFIT category. The change of my employer has happened with the name too (for example: before it read X YZ; now it says A YZ). I am left with few years of my extension as per my current/old employer. I have a few questions on which I would appreciate any help possible:

1) DO I NEED TO GET THE NEW H1-B STAMPED IN MY PASSPORT; since I would be going to India this year in Aug, 2011?

2) Would this be a transfer or a new application?

3) What issues would I have to deal with if any during my travel this year?

Please advice.
    Thanks.

1) DO I NEED TO GET THE NEW H1-B STAMPED IN MY PASSPORT; since I would be going to India this year in Aug, 2011?
    >>> If you already have an existing valid H1B visa (when you return back), then you can use that with your newly approved petition.

2) Would this be a transfer or a new application?
    >>> New application under a new CAP.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

But would it matter since the new H1-B approval would be for PROFIT and the one stamped is for NON-PROFIT (when I return)? I guess it does not say on the stamping either if I am correct, but still!!!

And also there would be a slight name in change due to the buy-out of our institution. Would that be an issue? Please advice!!!

Comment

But would it matter since the new H1-B approval would be for PROFIT and the one stamped is for NON-PROFIT (when I return)? I guess it does not say on the stamping either if I am correct, but still!!!
        >>> That is not a problem. But if you are worried, then you can get the visa stamped with the new petition.

And also there would be a slight name in change due to the buy-out of our institution. Would that be an issue?
        >>> Even if you totally move to a new organization (new employer), you can still use the old valid H1B visa to enter U.S with the latest approval notice.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X