Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g Blue form for damaged passport-Hyderabad consulate

Hi,
    I have been going through this forum and have a question for you.
    I and my husband went for the visa interview on March 3rd 2011 in hyderabad consulate.
    My husband's is H1B while mine is H4.
    The VO asked a lot of work related questions and later on when VO was checking the passport he noticed that the lamination was peeling off.
    He gave us a 221g blue form marking damaged passport and asked us to submit the new passport along with the old one. He even mentioned that we dont need to come back again.
    He also asked us to go to another counter where an Indian lady asked us to fill the questionnaire.
    My husband has been in the US for 5 yrs.

Also, when we checked our case status on the website, we got this
    Your case is currently undergoing processing. Please continue to check this website for updates on the status of your case. Any new information received will be posted to the website.

Do we wait till the website updates "submit passport" or just go and submit the passport.

Would be very happy if you could let us know what this means and if you have any idea how long it might take for us to get the visa.
    Any replies are welcome.

We are in the process of getting a new passport.

Thank You.
    Priya

If you have already got the new passport, then go ahead and send it to the consulate. Call the VFS helpdesk and check with them if you are in doubt.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply

Comment

Hi,

What all documents are need to be submitted in this case along with new passport?

Comment

If the 221g is for a renewed passport, then all your have to submit is the old and teh new passports. Make sure youtake copies before you submit them.

Originally posted by ashish2781 View Post
          Hi,

What all documents are need to be submitted in this case along with new passport?
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X