Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H4 Visa interview

Hi Folks,

I have two questions regarding H1 & H4 visa. I came to US on F1 visa. I completed my masters degree and presently working as consultant under OPT.

1) Actually my employer is planning to file my H1 B visa on Apr 2011. If my H1 visa is approved, could you please let me know when can I start working on my H1b visa?

2) I got recently married. If my wife want to go for her H4 visa interview, is she can go immediately after I got my H1 visa approval notice or she has to wait untill my H1 visa start date?

Please let me know your answers.

Thank you.

1) Actually my employer is planning to file my H1 B visa on Apr 2011. If my H1 visa is approved, could you please let me know when can I start working on my H1b visa?
    >>> The effective date of the H1B will be there on the H1B approval notice. A new H1B filed on April 1st will have a start date on or after Oct 1st.

2) I got recently married. If my wife want to go for her H4 visa interview, is she can go immediately after I got my H1 visa approval notice or she has to wait untill my H1 visa start date?
    >>> She can go for H4 interview immediately after your H1B petition is approved. However, she won't be able to travel 10 days prior to your H1B effective date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the reply shervin,

Is there any possible way for my wife, to travel early other than my H1 start date?

or is she legible to come under my OPT status?
      Last edited by Madhav; 03-19-2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

If she want to travel 10 days prior to your H1B effective date, then she will need to travel in F2. Once she is in U.S, you will need to file the COS to H4 based on your approved or pending H1B petition.

Originally posted by Madhav View Post
        Thanks for the reply shervin,

Is there any possible way for my wife, to travel early other than my H1 start date?

or is she legible to come under my OPT status?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X