should i go for stamping when i go to india

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i go for stamping when i go to india

hi my 3 years visa is coming to an end on september 18th 2011.
    I am applying for extension under premium processing and i will get approved H1 by May 201.

I have to travel for marriage on August 2nd week and have to return to US on August 30.

should Istill have to go for stamping in india ? will i face problems if i go for stamping
    if i dont go for stamping (because the return date august 30 is well with in september 18th ) will i face problems in port of entry. i like the girl so much. i want to go for marriage but same time do not want to get into trouble.
    please help me if you have gone through the same situation or if u heard from any of your friends or any experiences you have
    please suggest me
    thanks in advance

As long as the visa remains valid, you can return back. By showing the renewed I-797, you can get a new I-94 with the expiry date same at the renewed petition expiry date (If your passport remains valid until that date).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi OP,

Also just want to add ---- make sure that at POE (while returning) - Officer should give the I-94 till the new petition expiry date.
      Sometimes they give as per the Visa and if they do that - that time only ask him/her to give it as per the new H1 approved petition-explain them.
      Because if they give as per Visa - then later you have to file for an extension or need to go to CBP office for correction.

Also as already mentioned-make also sure that your passport not expiring soon when u r coming back.
      Because then it is correct from officer point of view - if they issue I-94 as per the passport expiry date.

Thanks and Regards,
      Abbie

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X