No announcement yet.

Can i book h1b visa interview slot for me and spouse( for h4) witout my child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i book h1b visa interview slot for me and spouse( for h4) witout my child

Hi, my child don't have passport now (we newly applied for him and delay in getting it from passport office)

Quetion: can I book interview slot in chennai for me(h1) and my wife(h4) this time and go for some other time after 2 or 3 weeks for my child for his h4 (since my child passport get delayed)

I heard, chances would be high if go with family for stamping, is that true!

Please suggest me in this.

Thanks
    krs

Quetion: can I book interview slot in chennai for me(h1) and my wife(h4) this time and go for some other time after 2 or 3 weeks for my child for his h4 (since my child passport get delayed)
    >>> Yes, you can do that.

>>> It is advisable to go for stamping together. What is the point in going for stamping again for just the kid if you don't have plans to travel to U.S immediately and bring your child later?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> Yes, you can do that.

>>> It is advisable to go for stamping together. What is the point in going for stamping again for just the kid if you don't have plans to travel to U.S immediately and bring your child later?
      !! Thanks for your quick reply, yeah you right, but I am not sure of my travel dates, I may travel asap as per client urgency. I may not go for my kid h4 visa interview, I would like to send my wife along with my kid for his h4.

Q: does both parents should appear for their child visa interview?
      Q: does my wife can stay some time in india until my kid get visa?

Comment

Q: does both parents should appear for their child visa interview?
        >>> No. One of you can accompany your kid for the visa interview.

Q: does my wife can stay some time in india until my kid get visa?
        >>> Yes.

Comment

my h1b petiotion going to expire every soon in Sep'11, hw would be th chance visa

Q: mine is EVC model, my petition approved in year 2008 quota, and some personal concerns i had to postponed my visa interview and now i am plan to go for stamping and I got the job/cleint letter in USA, but my petiotion going to be expire very soon in Sep'11 (5 months left), what would be the chances to get stamped and your suggestions in this.

Q: does I get any trouble at port of entry if i get visa, is that mandatory h1 worker should travel to USA prior to 6 months of his visa expiry (i heard from one my friend), is that true.

Comment

Q: mine is EVC model, my petition approved in year 2008 quota, and some personal concerns i had to postponed my visa interview and now i am plan to go for stamping and I got the job/cleint letter in USA, but my petiotion going to be expire very soon in Sep'11 (5 months left), what would be the chances to get stamped and your suggestions in this.
            >>> You can get the visa stamped anytime as long as the petition remains valid and you still have the job available for you in U.S. Since you are working on a EVC model, there can be more documents requested. If you can produce all documents that are requested by the VO, then you will get the visa without any issues.

Q: does I get any trouble at port of entry if i get visa, is that mandatory h1 worker should travel to USA prior to 6 months of his visa expiry (i heard from one my friend), is that true.
            >>> There is no such thing. You can travel as long as the petition, visa and passport are valid and you still have a job in hand. The I-94 will be issued only till the petition expiry date or visa expiry date or the passport expiry date (Whichever expires first).

Comment

will they allow kid inside to consulate office with the parents

As mentioned in my earlier post, we both me and my wife are plan to go visa interview now (after 2weeks for my kid with new appointment).
              my question is, did they allow my kid inside to consulate office with us while we go for our visa intw and he is 2 yr old!

Q: do i need to mention two different Intended travel dates on ds160 for me and my wife, since i may travel in Apr and my wife may travel in May, i.e after my kid gets his visa

Thanks.

Comment

As mentioned in my earlier post, we both me and my wife are plan to go visa interview now (after 2weeks for my kid with new appointment).
                my question is, did they allow my kid inside to consulate office with us while we go for our visa intw and he is 2 yr old!
                >>> No. You will need to arrange someone to take care of the kid. Talk to VFS helpdesk anyways to see if they allow the kid inside without a visa interview.

Q: do i need to mention two different Intended travel dates on ds160 for me and my wife, since i may travel in Apr and my wife may travel in May, i.e after my kid gets his visa
                >>> Not required. Both both can go together and book the interview under the family option.

Comment

Do I require new LCA for new client location

Shervin, a quick qus relate to LCA, when I apply for H1 petition in 2008 my Employer took LCA for s1 city in Texas state, now (2011 with new client) my client location is different city s2 in Michigan state. presently my employer sent me the 2008 LCA for Texas's city, qus: Can I go with this LCA for interview now, what are all would be the question I may face at interview time. what would you suggest do you want me to get new LCA for new client location and go for interview (I hv re-schedule the appointment if the case)

Comment

If you are working for a new client at a different state, then a new LCA need to be filed and also an H1B amendment need to be filed. It is illegal to work in Michigan with an LCA approved only to work for Texas. I wouldn't recommend you to go to the visa interview with the incorrect documents.
                    https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-petition-amendment/

Originally posted by krs11 View Post
                    Shervin, a quick qus relate to LCA, when I apply for H1 petition in 2008 my Employer took LCA for s1 city in Texas state, now (2011 with new client) my client location is different city s2 in Michigan state. presently my employer sent me the 2008 LCA for Texas's city, qus: Can I go with this LCA for interview now, what are all would be the question I may face at interview time. what would you suggest do you want me to get new LCA for new client location and go for interview (I hv re-schedule the appointment if the case)

Comment

My h1b petition validity expired but my case is still under admin process

Shervin, My petition validity expired on last monday i.e 26 Sep 2011 and my case is still under admin process. and i did not request for extend petition validity.
                      I filed visa in 2008 cap. Interview date: 05 apr 2011,got blue slip, doc subitted on 15th apr.

? any chance of extend petition now or chance of getting visa.

Thanks.

Comment

Visa is issued only till the petition expiry date. In your case, even if the admin process is completed successfully, the petition is no longer valid and so the visa cannot be issued. You can ask the employer to file a new H1B petition under the same CAP and when that gets approved, talk to the consulate and send it to them. They can issue you the visa based on the newly approved petition. You can also talk to the VFS helpdesk to get more clarification on your case.

Originally posted by krs11 View Post
                        Shervin, My petition validity expired on last monday i.e 26 Sep 2011 and my case is still under admin process. and i did not request for extend petition validity.
                        I filed visa in 2008 cap. Interview date: 05 apr 2011,got blue slip, doc subitted on 15th apr.

? any chance of extend petition now or chance of getting visa.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X