Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer stay on B1 effects H1?

Hi All,
    This is Ram.I have a query regarding the H1B visa.

Right now I am in US on a B1 visa.I was in US from Feb 2011 and my B1 is stamped for 6 months (untill July 2011) and my employer is planning to apply my H1 this year in July or August.

I heard that staying in US on B1 visa for more time ( 6 months continously) will effect my chances of getting my H1B visa.I want to know how far it's true.I have an option to leave US after 3 months(by April 2011).So, In case if there are chances that my rejection of H1 increases because of my stay here in US on B1 for 6 months, I will plan to leave US this April.In case staying on B1 for 6 months and rejection of H1 are not related, I am planning to stay in US for 6 months untill July.

Please help me to take the correct decision for my H1 visa to be granted.

Thanks,
    Ram

They are not related. You can stay in U.S until the I-94 associated with it remains valid as long as the reason that you are staying in U.S is the same for which the visa was issued. If asked about your 6 months stay in B1, you should be in a position to justify it. It is illegal to work in B1/B2 visa.
    Last edited by shervin143; 03-28-2011, 02:45 AM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin for a quick reply.

I am not working on B1 visa in USA.I am on a business trip and am actually involved with designing the prototype, and other business reasons.

Thanks for your guidance.

- Ram

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X