Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b visa interview at US consulate in Singapore

Hi,
    I am an Indian citizen having a total IT experience of 6.8 yrs and for the past 2 years i have been working in Singapore on an Employment Pass. I am applying for H1B for this year and would like to know whther i can attend the visa interview in Singapore or do i need to attend it only in the country of origin (India)? Also i would like to know how will be the H1B visa success rate in the US consulate of Singapore compared to the US consulate in Chennai? Please advice on this and let me know if any one has a H1B stamping experience in Singapore. Thank you very much.

Usually the first time H1B stamping should be at the home country since it is hard for the consulate abroad to validate your academic credentials (unless you have finished your studies in U.S). Talk to the U.S consulate in Singapore to see if they allow first time H1B stamping.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

You can attended in Singapore....

You can happily attend in Singapore consulate, if are staying in Singapore for more than 6months, you are eligible for it. I was in Singapore for 10months and I attended my H1 visa interview in Singapore consulate and I got it. Just don’t think much, just concentrate on documentation. Success rate I feel its very very good compare to india, on the day of my interview I didn’t even see single rejection. 3months back only I have attend, now I am in US.

Let me know if you need any furthur info....

Comment

Help Needed

Hi,

I had been living in Singapore for the past 1 year. Applied for H1 through a US consultant, got my approval papers (quota 2011) and preparing for H1 visa stamping interview in Singapore. I have a in-house letter given by the consultant and all other required papers.

Has anyone taken H1 Visa interview in singapore recently in the last couple of months? How did it go? This is my first time stamping in Singapore. Can you please share your experience?

Thanks
        Anamika

Comment

Need information

Hi,

I have been staying in singapore for past 2 yrs and am planning to apply for US H1-B. Can anybody please guide me the information like what are the expenses to take H1-B if i go thru a US consultant. Can anybody recommend any US consultant for H1-B. Please let me any other information related to this.

Awaiting reply.

Thanks,
          Gaurav

Comment

Original H1B approval notice (I-797) taken after the interview

Hi All,
            Today i have attended the h1b interview(first time) at Singapore and got my visa approved. However, after the interview, the visa officer took my original H1B approval notice (I-797) document along with the passport. Is it a usual practice for the visa officers to take the I-797 document along with the passport for stamping purposes? or is it an exceptional case? Please let me know if any one has some idea on this?

Regards,
            P.Gokul.

Comment

See if they return the original approval notice with the passport. If not, you need to get it back from them. You need that to show at the POE in U.S.

Originally posted by gokulpuvvada_5 View Post
              Hi All,
              Today i have attended the h1b interview(first time) at Singapore and got my visa approved. However, after the interview, the visa officer took my original H1B approval notice (I-797) document along with the passport. Is it a usual practice for the visa officers to take the I-797 document along with the passport for stamping purposes? or is it an exceptional case? Please let me know if any one has some idea on this?

Regards,
              P.Gokul.

Comment

US h1b Visa sponsers/consultants

Hi,
                I am an Indian citizen having a total IT experience of 11 yrs and for the past 5 years i have been working in Singapore just took PR last month. Pls let me know good sponsors/consultants who sponsor h1b visas.

Thanks.
                Sub.

Comment

Originally posted by sub View Post
                  Hi,
                  I am an Indian citizen having a total IT experience of 11 yrs and for the past 5 years i have been working in Singapore just took PR last month. Pls let me know good sponsors/consultants who sponsor h1b visas.

Thanks.
                  Sub.

Comment

How To Find available Dates For H1b Interview in Singapore US Consulate?

Many Thanks
                    Sameer

Comment

Login to the Singapore U.S consulates website and there will be information on how to fill DS160 and how to schedule the visa interview. You can also contact the consulate for more details.

Originally posted by meetsameer_2012 View Post

Many Thanks
                      Sameer

Comment

H1 consultants

Originally posted by gsree View Post
                        You can happily attend in Singapore consulate, if are staying in Singapore for more than 6months, you are eligible for it. I was in Singapore for 10months and I attended my H1 visa interview in Singapore consulate and I got it. Just don’t think much, just concentrate on documentation. Success rate I feel its very very good compare to india, on the day of my interview I didn’t even see single rejection. 3months back only I have attend, now I am in US.

Let me know if you need any furthur info....
                        Hi GSree,

If you have gone to US through any consultant, could you please share the details if possible.

Comment

Help: I am an Indian Citizen and just got my H1B petition approved. Now, when I am looking dates for consulate interview in India, I see that they have massive waiting period upto 3+ months. One of my friend suggested to look for other neighboring countries like Singapore as they have no wait times. Can someone please advise if this is possible? i.e. I travel to Singapore for H1B interview or I have to wait this long and attend one of the consulates in India?

Comment

Originally posted by SweetySharma View Post
                            Help: I am an Indian Citizen and just got my H1B petition approved. Now, when I am looking dates for consulate interview in India, I see that they have massive waiting period upto 3+ months. One of my friend suggested to look for other neighboring countries like Singapore as they have no wait times. Can someone please advise if this is possible? i.e. I travel to Singapore for H1B interview or I have to wait this long and attend one of the consulates in India?
                            It's possible only if you live in that country on some sort of long-term visa. They will not accept applications from people there on a tourist visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X