X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A to H1B Change of Status and Travel

Hello,

I am on L1A visa from company A.
    Company B has filled H1B application on 1st April 2011 for 2012 quota with Change of Status to H1B.
    Question:
    1.) If I travel outside USA with H1B application "Under Process", then what will happen to "Change of Status"?
    2.) If I travel outside USA with H1B application "Approved", then what will happen to "Change of Status"?
    3.) I am outside USA, and my H1B application gets "Approved" and Change of Status is filled, then how can I reenter USA on 1st Oct 2011?
    4.) Any major consequences, due to this travel, pls give details.

Thanks in advance.

Search and read about similar posts. It is never advisable to travel when a petition is pending with USCIS.

Originally posted by MS1234 View Post
    1.) If I travel outside USA with H1B application "Under Process", then what will happen to "Change of Status"?
    >>> The COS might get denied. It is never advisable to travel when the petition is pending with USCIS. There are chances that you might end-up with two I-94s (with with the COS and with you receive at the POE when you re-enter) which might cause all sort of confusions on determining which is actually effective.

2.) If I travel outside USA with H1B application "Approved", then what will happen to "Change of Status"?
    >>> In such case, it is advisable that you return back on H1B visa. As per regulations, you are suppose to return all the I-94s when you leave the country (Including the one that you receive with the H1B approval). You can return back on H1B visa only after Sept 20th (Only 10 days prior to the the H1B effective date).

3.) I am outside USA, and my H1B application gets "Approved" and Change of Status is filled, then how can I reenter USA on 1st Oct 2011?
    >>> Get the H1B visa stamped and return back in H1B visa. If the H1B is approved as a COS, then return the I-94 to the CBP.
    https://www.immihelp.com/returning-u...4-form-to-cbp/

4.) Any major consequences, due to this travel, pls give details.
    >>> Read the above answers. If you can avoid the travel, then do that. Also, search an read the related posts.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X