Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI impact on L1

Hello All,

I had applied for a H1B visa last year through a company. In March'11 the company I work want me to travel to US on L1 visa for 2 years. While I was preparing papers for L1 , Got a mail saying my H1B petation is approved and have received the I797B (Notice for action) for case type : I129. Later I got a call from US company saying I need to carry all docs to consultate for interview.
    I would like to go ahead with L1 visa and want to know,If I could delay my H1B interview and apply for L1. Will my
    L1 Processing be impacted because of this H1B. Do I need to cancel my H1 before I submit my L1 Papers. Will my H1 get automatically cancelled when L1 is processed?

incase If i need to cancel my H1,can i do it myself without informing US Agency? what is the procedure involved.

Please help!

H1 petition approval is not the same as H1 Visa. Having an approved H1 petition will not affect your L1 application. You can apply for either Visas and both may be issued, but whichever Visa you use at the port of entry determines your status. Applying for L1 Visa will not cancel the petition and you cannot/need not cancel anything.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X