No announcement yet.

221g Passport Damaged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats man ... I am hoping atleast I will receive next week.

Comment

Hi,

Even am in the same boat. I attended for my Visa interview on 18th April and got a 221g for damaged passport. But I submitted only my old and new passport along with 221g. Is this a problem? The guy in VFS office did not ask me for DS-160 and I-797. Can any of you who did not submit these let me know if you'll went to VFS to submit these documents again.

Thanks,
      Shravanthi

Comment

Just received a message from VFS to collect my Visa
        Cheers,
        Nagu

Comment

Sravanthi, have you received your passport with Visa stamped on it?

I am in a similar situation here. Attended the Visa interview on 3rd May and I was given 221G for damaged passport. I submitted my old and new passports at VFS Hyderabad on May 23rd. Curious to know if it consistently taking 3 weeks time for processing the damaged passport cases too so I can plan my return ticket. I have already pushed my return date twice...

Comment

221g for damaged passport

Hello everyone,
            I am also in similar situation.
            I recieved blue slip for damaged passport on 13 May 2011 . I have submitted my new passport, DS-160 (old) and DS-2019 (J1 visa) on 2nd june, 2011. Can you guyz tell me how long is it taking for getting visa...I have a return flight on June 19th and I am really worried.

Thanks

Comment

@amar234

Im also in a similar situation....Ive submitted my new passport and blue form on june 1st ..still waitin on it....

Comment

I submitted my LCA, I129, I797 even though the lady at the counter told me that it is not required. I did it on June 9th and awaiting a reply. Case status page is throwing an error like most of you. If it is 3 weeks for cases like this, then I hope they tell the same. Why do they treat H1B cases like this in Hyderabad? Is it the same everywhere else?

I also submitted my photograph since the VO gave me back my photo and all the docs with a 221G. Do they scan the photo or do they retain a physical copy at the interview?

Did I say that I submitted both my old and new passports? Most of you here say only 'New'.

Comment

damaged passport

I am in a similar situation. I have submitted my new passport along with old one, ds 160,797 and lca on June 13th.
                  naren_dheer, amar24,nikhil_nal, njstudent ,

when did you get your passport with visa stamped. My travel date is June 26th. Do I have to reschedule the flight. Mine is non refundable fare and I have to spend 45000 rupees to book a one way. I am really worried .

thanks

Comment

what is considered as Damaged passport

What are the signs in passport considered as Damaged ?
                    Can some comment/help from their bad experiences in this regard.?

Comment

Pretty simple if you ask me :

Just look at the passport and see if anything is out of the ordinary. For instance, check for the lamination - is it intact or is it peeling off at the edges. If lamination doesn't hold well, then you are better off visiting your passport office to get it fixed.

Comment

221g damaged passport

Originally posted by njstudent View Post
                        Pretty simple if you ask me :

Just look at the passport and see if anything is out of the ordinary. For instance, check for the lamination - is it intact or is it peeling off at the edges. If lamination doesn't hold well, then you are better off visiting your passport office to get it fixed.

Hi.
                        I appeared for my visa stamping in chennai on Sept 4,2012 and was given 221g for damaged passport. I got a new passport and submitted to VFS chennai on 12th Sept 2012 along with all the supporting documents,my old passport and my wife's and kid's passport. The VO mentioned that my visa is approved and he is fine with it. He also mentioned once I submit my new passport along with my old one and my wife's and kid's they will get it stamped and send it to me in 2 to 3 days time.Its been almost 2 weeks now, I understand last week the consulate in chennai was close. Any idea how long will they take to process and send it back?

Regards,
                        MKS

Comment

Originally posted by mks80 View Post
                          Hi.
                          I appeared for my visa stamping in chennai on Sept 4,2012 and was given 221g for damaged passport. I got a new passport and submitted to VFS chennai on 12th Sept 2012 along with all the supporting documents,my old passport and my wife's and kid's passport. The VO mentioned that my visa is approved and he is fine with it. He also2 weeks now, I understand last week the consulate in chennai was close. Any idea how long will they take to process and send it back?

Regards,
                          MKS
                          I am in the same boat.
                          Interview date - 18th September Mumbai - Got 221g Yellow for damaged passport
                          Submitted old and new passports on 26th September
                          Still have not heard back
                          I am really worried since I need to travel back urgently

Can others who have gone through this situation, please advise? Do we get the visas stamped within 1 week?

Comment

221g Passport Damaged

Did you get the passport back?I'm also in the same situation...Please reply....

Comment

Originally posted by dinssss View Post
                              Did you get the passport back?I'm also in the same situation...Please reply....
                              Yes. I got my passport within 5 business days. There were a few bank holidays in between and thus it took 9 days in total to get it.

All the best to the rest.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X