Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 expiration, green card processing and work stoppage

Friends,
    Got an interesting situation here.. I'm currently in the U.S working under H1B which was first issued in October 2005. I've moved between a few companies since then but the current one only got the I-94 till end of July 2011 for some odd reason. It feels like i'm loosing out on three additional months to my 6 year max. How can I get this fixed?

In the meantime, I got married and my wife who's a U.S citizen filed for my permanent residency end of March 2011. I already got the text/email confirmations saying that my applications (485,130,131, 765). How long do you think before all this is finalized?

I'm getting a bit anxious about the work permit since there's also this work stoppage looming in the background which can delay things a bit. I've heard that usually the work permit get's through in 2 months or less but that's right up against my i-94 expiration date.

Please advise. Thank you.

If everything goes fine, you will get your GC in about 6 months max after filing. But, your employer can certainly file your H1 extension to claim any unused period. Even time spent outside the US or in other statuses can be claimed under 6 years.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X