Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping at Chennai after 221(g) refusal

Hi,

I have attended Chennai Consulate for H1 stamping in january. I have been refused on Section 221(g), asking for more details of my employer (W2 forms, all employees details, what are plans for next 12 months etc).

My question is what is the process, if I revisit consultate, along with all the documents asked for. Will the consulate, take all docs and verify them and then take decision to issue visa or not? I mean, will they take my originals, passport etc and ask me to leave and tell that they will convey their decision later?

And, what are the chances of getting stamping this time?

Thanks
    Vi

Anybody re-visiting after 221(g) H1 refusal?

Hi,

Can any one share experience and the process for re-visit after Section 221(g) refusal of the visa?

Please.

Thanks
    vi

Comment

Hi,

Once you got all required documents from ur employer, u need to revist the consulate and submit them and they will tell u the final decision.

I am assuming that they asked you to re-vist with all required documents. There are some cases that they will inform you by mail, then only u need to attend the interiew.

generally this time you will have a positive chance provided you submit all the documents. Most important thing is ur offer should be still valid and ur employer should have enough funds to pay u in future.

So wish u all the best.

Comment

I have the same situation like you and I was asked to come by once they made the decision. That means they asked me to wait untill I get a mail from them.

For me it took one and half year to get a mail from them. After that they verified everything and gave me visa.

Comment

Anybody re-visiting after 221(g) H1 refusal?

Thanks Ronin.

Yes consulate asked me to come once all the documents are ready. No need of appointment etc.

But my question is, if I revisit, will they give the decision on the spot or will they take all my originals and keep with them and tell me that they will give their decision later?

-Vi

Comment

They don't keep any originals. And the decision will be on the spot.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X