renewal of I 94 and Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renewal of I 94 and Visa stamping

Hi I came on H1 from Company A and hold H1 Visa until Sep 2012, recently I changed to company B and got new visa approaval till 2014.

My question is:
    1. do i need to go to Visa stamping if I go to India this year (I hold H1 Visa until Sep 2012)
    2. Do i need to get my I 94 Renewed.

Please help, Thank you

Hi I came on H1 from Company A and hold H1 Visa until Sep 2012, recently I changed to company B and got new visa approaval till 2014.
    >>> Visa and petition are two different things. The one that is stamped in your passport is called visa. I think you got your petition approved for company B until 2014.

My question is:
    1. do i need to go to Visa stamping if I go to India this year (I hold H1 Visa until Sep 2012)
    >>> No. Read the FAQ section for commonly asked questions similar to this.

>>> I am not sure what exactly you mean by renewing the I-94. You should have already got a renewed I-94 with your petition approved with Company B. When you leave the country, you need to return all the I-94's at the airport. When you return back, you will get a new I-94 at the POE.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Thank you for your reply

No. Read the FAQ section for commonly asked questions similar to this.
      >>>>>>> I could not find faq's section, will try again; but you say that i can go back to India and come back with H1 provided by company A.

>>> I am not sure what exactly you mean by renewing the I-94. You should have already got a renewed I-94 with your petition approved with Company B. When you leave the country, you need to return all the I-94's at the airport. When you return back, you will get a new I-94 at the POE

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I have been issued an I 94 when I initially enetered US thru company A. I have got H1 approval from company B, but havent recieved i 94 with it, how do i get it

Thanks again

Comment

If your transfer did not come with a new I-94, then you should stop working for Company B immediately and leave the country and return back to get a new I-94 at the POE. Make sure you return all your I-94s when you leave the country.

You can go out of the country and return back with Company B's petition and the existing valid H1B visa from Company A that is stamped in your passport.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X