Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Renewal

Hi,

I'm currently working in US and I want to renew my visa, it is going to expire in sept,2011.

My question is, If I applied for renewal can I go to India and come back on the same H1 what I am having now, or If once applied for extension or renewal I cannot go.

Could you please tell what is the fees for renewal of H1-B visa.

Please help!

Thanks

I guess you are asking about the renewal of the H1B petition and not the visa. Once the extension of H1B petition is filed, it is advisable that you don't leave the country. If you leave the extension of stay might get denied. Either come back and then file the extension or file the extension and travel after receiving the decision. Filing the petition in premium process will get you a result within 15 days.

Extension need to be filed by your employer and fees should be paid by them.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1B 2nd extension fee

Hi

I am extending my H1 with the same employer for the 2nd time which ( 7 years -9 years) > What will be the fee for my 2nd extension.

I have paid $1500 and $185 for 1st extension.

Please advise.

Comment

Look at the instructions to file form I-129 at /show-form/i-129. The fee structure will differ by the number of employees in the company, number of H1B worker and various other factors.

It is illegal to pay for your own H1B. The employer should pay this fee.

Originally posted by aaleemk View Post
        Hi

I am extending my H1 with the same employer for the 2nd time which ( 7 years -9 years) > What will be the fee for my 2nd extension.

I have paid $1500 and $185 for 1st extension.

Please advise.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X