Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer simultaneously

Hi Experts,
    I have 2 offers in hand. Company A is preparing for transferring the H1B. & company B has not started the process.

Q1- after company A files for transfer, if the Company B files for transfer, Is there going to be an issue ? I'm interested in joining company B.

Q2 - Do i need to ask company A to stop applying for transfer?

Q3 - can the two companies file for transfer simultaneously.

I'm confused what to do.Pls advise the best option.

Q1- after company A files for transfer, if the Company B files for transfer, Is there going to be an issue ?
    >>> No.

Q2 - Do i need to ask company A to stop applying for transfer?
    >>> No.

Q3 - can the two companies file for transfer simultaneously.
    >>> Yes. Upon approval of both the petitions, you get the option to choose the employer whom you want to work.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin.

1- when the transfer from the two different companies are in process in normal processing mode, but I join the company B, Is there any risk involved ?

2 - Do I need to tell company A to withdraw the petition ? will they get the money back ?

Comment

1- when the transfer from the two different companies are in process in normal processing mode, but I join the company B, Is there any risk involved ?
        >>> No issues. However, it is advisable that you join either of these employers only after their successful petition approval. In case of a RFE or denial of transfer, you will end up in a messy situation.

2 - Do I need to tell company A to withdraw the petition ?
        >>> That is your choice. It is better to inform them if you have decided not to join them.

will they get the money back ?
        >>> No.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin.

1- I can still work for the new employer even if i get a RFE in the visas transfer. Correct ?

2- what are options available in case of transfer denial. Can you suggest?

Comment

You can work for any employer who has an approved and valid or pending petition for you as long as your H1 I-94 remains valid.
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I am in similar situation. How about H4. Will it a problem if both the companies apply for H4 at the same time?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X