Issue with my I-94...Urgent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with my I-94...Urgent...

I have a query regarding my I-94. I recently travelled to India on emergency and returned back on 18th April 2011. I got a new I-94 whose number and other information are different from the one I submitted for renewal. The validity on my new I-94 which is tagged to my passport is 31st July 2011 based on the current VISA validity. I am not sure how to amend the I-94 information in my new petition that I got recently which is valid till 23rd Dec 2013.

Can anybody advice me how to handle this situation? Thanks in advance..

Arup

The I-94 number issued at the POE will of course be different from your previous one and that is not an issue. Did you show the latest approval notice at the POE. If you would have shown the latest approval notice, then they should have issued you a new I-94 that is valid until the petition expiry date. Only in rare cases (depending on the officer at the POE), they issue the I-94 until the visa expiry date. You have three options to update the I-94.

1) Go to the nearby CBP post and explain your case. They might issue you a new I-9 that is valid until the extended petition. This may or may not work.

2) File the extension again, which will get you a new I-94 upon approval.

3) Leave the country (make sure you return all the I-94s before you leave) and return back with a valid visa, passport and petition. You should get a new I-94 at the POE upto the petition expiry date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X