H1B VISA Transfer while out of country travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B VISA Transfer while out of country travel

Hi, I am currently on a H1B VISA working for Employer A. I also have another job offer from Employer B. Employer B hasn't filed the VISA transfer. They will be filing in couple of days in May. However, I am going out of USA for a month in May. Is it possible for Employer B to file the transfer when I am out of country.
    I am planning to return as an Employee of Employer A. I will join Employer B when I come back. Will their be any issues due to this transfer on my VISA Stamping. I am planning to get VISA stamping based on Employer A. Will there be any issues in transfer if I am out of country?

If you leave the country when the transfer is in progress, then there are chances that Company B's petition might get approved without a new I-94 attached to it (as a consular process). So in order to join Company B, you will have to leave the country and return back with Company B's petition (You can use Company A's H1B visa if it remains valid at that time or get a new H1B visa stamped).

It is advisable that you file the extension after coming back. There is a premium processing available that will get you the result within 15 days.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you very much for the information!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X