Info wanted for COS from H4 to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info wanted for COS from H4 to H1

I am again looking forward to go back to work after a break of 1yr.Presently I have H4 and will be transfering to H1.

My question here is how much time should the process take once I get a project and sponser? I contacted some and they say it takes few months and the openings that they have requires to join immediately.

Assuming there are no RFE's. It should take
    2-4 months by normal process.
    15 days by premium process (additional $1250).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Once the sponser applies for my COS to H1 and gets the receipt number can't I start to work? who or how is it possible that I get work and can't join for 2-4 months in this way I can't get work.

Comment

Once the sponser applies for my COS to H1 and gets the receipt number can't I start to work?
        >>> You cannot. Your status need to change from H4 to H1B to start working. You can start working with just the receipt number only when you are already in H1B status (In case of H1B transfer. Not when you are applying for a COS to H1B).

who or how is it possible that I get work and can't join for 2-4 months in this way I can't get work.
        >>> It is same as an employer filing a fresh H1B in the month of April knowing that the employee can start working only from Oct 1st. How in the world are those employer able to wait for 6 months?

In your case, as I have already mentioned, there is a premim processing available which will get you the result within15 days.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X