Orange Slip : Kolkata Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Slip : Kolkata Consulate

Hi I went for my H1 interview at Kolkata Consulate on May 5th and I was given an orange slip . I am working on EVC model and VO asked me to provide tax and employee details of my employer plus SoW between client and Vendor. I am currently arranging the documents and will be going for interview again next week.

Can someone share his experiences on Orange Slip in kolkata consulate and any precautions which I need to take ?

Thanks

221G Orange Slip - Kolkata Consulate

Hi Aryan,

I also have similar case like yours. I went for stamping on 06-April-2011, VO asked me for a set of documents by giving Orange slip (Even though I had all the documents with me then, he was not ready to look into it). I came back and contacted my employer and they asked me to wait for sometime to get a fresh client letter. Finally I went between 2-3pm on 10-May-2011. This time the VFS guy saw all the documents and selected only few which he felt was needed. Then I was called by the VO again where I am been told that we need to validate this documents and so kept all the documents with themselves other than the passport. I didn't asked much question there and only told that I need to update my contact details (Phone Number) which he had noted it down and told me that they will contact me.

Now going through various post what I can see is there are 50-50 chance for the stamping to be done and the time may vary from 6weeks to 7months depending on case. And even if you want to contact them will not fetch you much of an information.

But I do really wish that for your case things goes on well and you get the VISA stamped ASAP. Best of luck buddy.....!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Joydeep,

Thanks for sharing your exps. I hope things work out well for you soon.
      I am going to kolkata on the week of 23rd to submit my documents. Hopefully they take a quick favorable decision. I will keep you posted on my status

thanks

Comment

221G Orange Slip - Kolkata Consulate Similar Case

Joydeep and Aryan Verma -

I had a similar experience on 7th June. EVC model. I wasn't asked for extra documents however the 221g has the last box checked - Additional Processing. Told I will be called and not to check the status with the Consulate. I still went to consulate twice to see if they have an update. But I was refused any information.

So far haven't heard anything from them.

Have you heard for your cases?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X