Name Misspelt in I129 but corrected in I797

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Misspelt in I129 but corrected in I797

My wife's name is misspelt in I129 and the same came in I797 initially. As soon as we noticed this we got in touch with the attorney and they contacted the USCIS and received an ammended I797 with the corrected name.

Now we received all the H1B related documents for the attorney, and we notice that the name is correct in ammended I797 as mentioned above but still the I129 has the wrong name. Will this cause any issues in the future or during stamping?

I mean if my wife goes for stamping will the misspelt name in the 129, will that cause any issues? or the amended I797 with the corrected name is sufficient as a document to prove that it was corrected.

Get a copy of the amendment filed to USCIS which will have the correct name. Usually I-129 is asked during the visa interview on rare cases. I-797 is what is important.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

my last name misspelt on i129 and i797

Originally posted by ssbreddy View Post
      My wife's name is misspelt in I129 and the same came in I797 initially. As soon as we noticed this we got in touch with the attorney and they contacted the USCIS and received an ammended I797 with the corrected name.

Now we received all the H1B related documents for the attorney, and we notice that the name is correct in ammended I797 as mentioned above but still the I129 has the wrong name. Will this cause any issues in the future or during stamping?

I mean if my wife goes for stamping will the misspelt name in the 129, will that cause any issues? or the amended I797 with the corrected name is sufficient as a document to prove that it was corrected.
      Hi Reddy,
      i am also in the same situation.My last name was misspelt(one character mispalced)on i129 and that carried out to I797 approval.
      I contacted my employer and he told "no need of amendment for just one character and For amendment we need to file new petition with the same visa fees"
      Can you please tell me what is the procedure for changing the name in the I797??
      Did your wife get any issue while stamping?
      Please help me and i am also planning to go to india for stamping

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X