Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 amendment

Hi,
    I am in my h4 visa now.I have applied h1b in 2007 and got it approved but because of some problems i was not working & in my H4 only.Btw i went to my country(twice) for an year and came back now.My question is how long my H1b will be active ?..When i spoke to my employer they said it would have been expired but they can do the amendment once i got the project and i can go for job immediately as it will take only 2 days.How long it will take for amendment?.How long H1b will be active?.What is the time period with in which i need to do my h1b amendment to keep the visa safe.
    Thanks in advance..

H1B is usually given for 3 years. Check the Valid Until date on your approved petition.

If your H1 is still valid, you need a change-of-status from H4 to H1, to be done by your employer.

If not, a new H1 to be filed by new employer, and if approved you can work from Oct 1st.

Comment

Adding to the below, your COS to h1b should get approved for you to work for the new employer. It won't happen in 2 days. It takes anywhere between 2-4 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

If your current H1B petition has already expired and if you have not used all 6 years in that CAP, then any new employer can file a new H1B petition using that CAP and request and immediate start date. Like mentioned above, the COS should get approved for you work for the employer.
      Last edited by shervin143; 05-18-2011, 03:53 PM.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X