Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b expiring .. renewal in process.. is PO required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b expiring .. renewal in process.. is PO required?

I am working for a major Indian comp . My H1b is expiring on Jun 2nd 2011.
    My existing Purchase Order with client A is valid till Jun 2011. The new PO with same client A is in process and may take some time to get authorised. The attorney says we can go ahead with filing the query. Is it safe to file it without the new extended PO? I still have roughly 2 yrs of the 6yrs term

Please help
    Last edited by jinneebhat; 05-20-2011, 02:26 PM.

Well, you can try your luck. If there is an RFE, then the attorney will need to send the PO. The advisable approach is to get the PO and file the extension with a copy of the PO and the client letter. Your petition for extension should reach USCIS before your I-94 expires. It is advisable to file it in premium since you do not have much time.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Well, you can try your luck. If there is an RFE, then the attorney will need to send the PO. The advisable approach is to get the PO and file the extension with a copy of the PO and the client letter. Your petition for extension should reach USCIS before your I-94 expires. It is advisable to file it in premium since you do not have much time.
      Thanks for your answer.
      My employer doesnt file by premium processing. We would be sending the renewal application one week in advance of I94 expiry.. I hope then we dont have to file in premium

Comment

Risk level is high without PO and with the expired I-94, it is high.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

But you know that if the extension gets denied, then the time that you have spend in U.S after the I-94 expiry date will be considred as illegal stay, right? Also, if for any reason the package gets delayed in reach USCIS and if your I-94 has already expired, then the extension of status will be denied. That is why it is advisable to go for premium and file it well in advance. They give you 6 months in advance to file the extension and you still wait until the last week? Your employer should be so crapy to do that.

Originally posted by jinneebhat View Post
          Thanks for your answer.
          My employer doesnt file by premium processing. We would be sending the renewal application one week in advance of I94 expiry.. I hope then we dont have to file in premium
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X