H4 Stamping and Travel for dependent while H1 Extension is in process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping and Travel for dependent while H1 Extension is in process

Hi, I have recently traveled to US on H1B and planning to bring my Family. I have a constraint that my H1B is expiring by July 31 2011, which is just 2 months from now approx. I have my wife and kid who have to travel, but need to get stamped.

1. If they go for stamping by Mid of June, will it get process, considering my own extension pending?
    2. If they get stamped, will they have issues while in Port of entry with my pending extension?

I assume both your spouse and kid are currently outside the US.
    It is better if they apply for the H4 visas after you receive your extension approval notice, so that their visas and status will be valid according to the new notice and will not expire in June.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Like mentioned, it is advisable that you wait until get the H1B extension and they schedule the H4 visa interviews for your dependents. That way, they will get the H4 visas until the extended petition expiry date and the I-94 issued at the POE will be same as the extended petition expiry date.

You can also upgrade your extension to premium and get the result within 15 days.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X