Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help about H1 and H4 USA visa, husband currently on OPT

Hi,
    My husband is currently working on OPT. In near future he will be applying for H1B visa. At the same time he wants to apply H4 visa for me. I need to know that -

1) Based on above case, can he apply both - his H1 n my H4 visa application at the same time?

2) If YES, then while appearing H4 visa interview (of mine), is it mandatory
    for him to be present along with me for interview for stamping of both the visas?

Awaiting for positive response.

Thanks,
    Poonam

1) Based on above case, can he apply both - his H1 n my H4 visa application at the same time?
    >>> Yes.

2) If YES, then while appearing H4 visa interview (of mine), is it mandatory
    for him to be present along with me for interview for stamping of both the visas?
    >>> What do you mean by both the visas? You can get the H4 stamped without your spouse accompanying you. In oredr to get the H1B stamped, your husband should attend the visa interview.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your help...

I need to know -

While I will be appearing for H4 interview (of mine), is it mandatory to have my husband's visa stamped on his passport or else I can apply without stamping his passport. [Need to know about this condition if my husband does not get chance to come for stamping due to his job pressure.]

Thanks,
      Poonam

Comment

Your husband need not have a valid H1B visa stamped in his passport to get your H4 stamped. Visa is just an entry document to U.S. As long as you have his original H1B approval notice and other related documents, you can get the H4 stamped.

Originally posted by poonamg View Post
        Thanks for your help...

I need to know -

While I will be appearing for H4 interview (of mine), is it mandatory to have my husband's visa stamped on his passport or else I can apply without stamping his passport. [Need to know about this condition if my husband does not get chance to come for stamping due to his job pressure.]

Thanks,
        Poonam
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank u for your help...

Comment

@ Poonamg

When are you planning to stamp your H4 visa? When you think you can enter in US? Did your husband got approved the H1-B visa petition?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X