Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B in administrative processing(221G pink). New LCA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B in administrative processing(221G pink). New LCA?

I appeared for PA with the Chennai Consulate recently. The VO was very cool and usual questions were asked. But then I was given a pink slip-221G. My question is, when I am waiting for the visa stamping, can i go ahead and process a new LCA as I may be expected to travel to a different location B. I do have a valid LCA for location A.Do I necessarily have to wait for H1B stamping and then proceed with new LCA?

No issues. The employer can file a new LCA and based on that an H1B amendment need to be filed.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks Shervin

Can u please let me know if this amendment is again a time consuming process. I assume that once the new LCA is processed, if i get my stamping, i can travel to the new location right? Sorry for asking more info. It would be really helpful.

Comment

H1B amendment will take 2-3 months to get processed by the normal process. If the work location is different from the one in your I-129, then an H1B amendment is necessary. Check the below link.
        https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-petition-amendment/

Originally posted by ksha View Post
        Can u please let me know if this amendment is again a time consuming process. I assume that once the new LCA is processed, if i get my stamping, i can travel to the new location right? Sorry for asking more info. It would be really helpful.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks again for your valuable inputs.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X