Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on H4 Visa

Hi,

I was on F1 visa and after getting a job I moved to H1 B visa. In March, 2011, I had travelled to India and got my H1 stamped which expires in 2012. Again I am travelling to India for my marriage in July and plans to get my wife along with me. As per the documents mentioned on the website, she needs my I797 and copy of I129 and other wedding related evidence.

But do I need to file a petition on her behalf when she is applying for the visa for the first time?

Any help related this will be really appreciated

Thanks a lot

There is no need to file any petition. She will just need to get the H4 stamped based on your H1B documents and when approved, she can travel to U.S.
    https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your input.

I have one more question. I am getting married in the last week of June and plan to take the appointment in the first week of July.

However, to be on the safer side and get the visa interview in the desired date, I want to fill up the DS 160 now. Will it be a problem, if I show that she is my wife in the DS 160 now though I am not married now but by the time she faces the intreview we will be married.

Many thanks again

Comment

The DS160 that you fill should be as of the date of the visa interview. As long as you will be married on the date of the visa interview, there are no issues.

Originally posted by bd_delhi View Post
        Thanks a lot for your input.

I have one more question. I am getting married in the last week of June and plan to take the appointment in the first week of July.

However, to be on the safer side and get the visa interview in the desired date, I want to fill up the DS 160 now. Will it be a problem, if I show that she is my wife in the DS 160 now though I am not married now but by the time she faces the intreview we will be married.

Many thanks again
        Last edited by shervin143; 05-30-2011, 07:41 PM.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot

I really appreciate your help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X