No announcement yet.

Multiple H1B visa sponsors??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. After I joined C, can i return back to A if they find me a project or B if things work out on their side and make me FTE?
    >>> To begin working for employer C, they need to first filed your H1B transfer. Once you start working for C, you cannot go back and work for A or B just like that. To begin working for A, A should file a transfer from C to A or you should leave the country and re-enter using A's petition. To work for B, B will have to file a transfer from C to B. You are allowed to work after receiving the receipt notice for transfer.

2. Should I let know my current employer A that I am going to join C to avoid risk?
    >>> Yes. You cannot be on two employer's payroll at the same time when you are in H1B. You should quit A before you join B or C. Overlapping payslips will become a big issue.

3. If I let my current employer know and if he decides to cancel my H1 and/or I140, and current client B offers and initiates my H1 after I140 cancellation, will the H1 transfer be successful or will my H1 transfer gets rejected due to inactive I140?
    >>> Have yo already completed 6 years in H1B. Not not, then a transfer is possible without a valid I-140. If you have already crossed 6 years in H1B, then a transfer is not possible without a valid I-140.

4. If I don't tell my current employer (A) there is a chance of 1 or 2 dual payrolls running both from current company A and new company C. will this be a problem?
    >>> Yes. IT will be problem. Let employer A know that you will join C after C's petition gets approved. C can file their petition in premium and get the result within 15 days.

5. Meanwhile, if the client offers me FTE (when 1 H1 transfer is in progress and current employer H1 is active) and initiates H1 transfer, will there be any conflicts with these simultaneous processing/dual payrolls?
    >>> Simultaneous H1B petitions will not be a problem. Simultaneous payslips will be a big problem.

6. If the previous employer cancels I140, can I still get H1B transferred to other company?
    >>> Not if you have already completed 6 years in your H1B period.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot Shervin for clarifications.

If I leave my current employer, do I need to request them to provide any documents related to my I140 and/or PERM?

So far they haven't provided me any documents of those. I have the PERM case number and the I140 receipt number. Will having just these numbers sufficient in porting my priority date and future H1B transfers?

Comment

If I leave my current employer, do I need to request them to provide any documents related to my I140 and/or PERM?
        >>> Yes. You will need a copy of your approved I-140. Also, I-140 should remain active when the transfer gets filed (assuming transfer is filed based on an approved I-140 beyond the initial 6 years on H1B). Also, a copy of I-140 is required to port your priority date in the future.

So far they haven't provided me any documents of those. I have the PERM case number and the I140 receipt number. Will having just these numbers sufficient in porting my priority date and future H1B transfers?
        >>> You need a copy of the I-140 approval notice.

Comment

Hi Shervin --- two employers are ready to file h1b , but with different work profiles

Hi Shervin Garu,

This is pavan from banglore, India , currently I am working for a service company in banglore, last time my employer told that they are processing for h1b and taken all the required documents but finally I am not selected in lottery , this year also they are telling they will file for h1b and one more US employer is ready to file this year.

My question now:
          1) Currently I am working in wireless networking profession here in banglore, the 2nd employers doesn't have these work profiles in their companies so they are asking me to change the technology as per their company works.

So now I have a confusion , if my 1st employer will file H1b with the current work profile (Wireless Technology) and 2nd employer will file H1b according to their software technology , will it cause any problem of rejection in US Consulate.
          because the 2nd employer will totally change my whole work profile, the same they have said last year.

Since I had chance last year i.e 2015 that 2nd employer was willing to file H1b , at the same time I got a call from 1st employer here as they are filing the H1b. So dropped the 2nd employer.

but this time I don't want to miss the chance again. Even I am not sure whether my 1st employer has filed H1b petition or not.

So please help me in your suggestion to go forward.

Thanks,
          Pavan

Comment

Multiple concurrent H1B's can be filed and there is no issue with that. Employers filing H1B for two different job positions is also not a problem. It is up to USCIS to decide whether to approve or reject your case. What you should NOT do is, change your resume or **** the experience. That will be a problem. Experience letters with roles and responsibilities from your current and previous employers are needed. So don't change your profile. Employer's can file for different positions and that is fine. It is up to the employer to project how your skills will benefit their company.

Originally posted by vms58128 View Post
            Hi Shervin Garu,

This is pavan from banglore, India , currently I am working for a service company in banglore, last time my employer told that they are processing for h1b and taken all the required documents but finally I am not selected in lottery , this year also they are telling they will file for h1b and one more US employer is ready to file this year.

My question now:
            1) Currently I am working in wireless networking profession here in banglore, the 2nd employers doesn't have these work profiles in their companies so they are asking me to change the technology as per their company works.

So now I have a confusion , if my 1st employer will file H1b with the current work profile (Wireless Technology) and 2nd employer will file H1b according to their software technology , will it cause any problem of rejection in US Consulate.
            because the 2nd employer will totally change my whole work profile, the same they have said last year.

Since I had chance last year i.e 2015 that 2nd employer was willing to file H1b , at the same time I got a call from 1st employer here as they are filing the H1b. So dropped the 2nd employer.

but this time I don't want to miss the chance again. Even I am not sure whether my 1st employer has filed H1b petition or not.

So please help me in your suggestion to go forward.

Thanks,
            Pavan

Comment

Hi Shervin --- two employers are ready to file h1b , but with different work profiles

HI Shervin garu,

Thanks you very much for your suggestion , as I told my 2nd employer does not process my H1b until I say ok to change the skills.
              this is where I am struggling , they said that even if they file my h1b with them based on my current skills it will get rejected as they don't do business with the skills I have at present , so they are asking me whether I am ok to change the total skills.

Thanks,
              Vamsi.M

Comment

Is that company a consulting company? I mean, will you be directly working with that employer in U.S or will they send you to work at a client place?
                It looks to me like they are a consulting company.

HI Shervin garu,

Thanks you very much for your suggestion , as I told my 2nd employer does not process my H1b until I say ok to change the skills.
                this is where I am struggling , they said that even if they file my h1b with them based on my current skills it will get rejected as they don't do business with the skills I have at present , so they are asking me whether I am ok to change the total skills.

Thanks,
                Vamsi.M

Comment

Hi Shervin,

Even I don't know exactly , they called me last year and said I need to learn software testing and should be ready to work for them at least 1 year,
                  I said ok , the next day I got a mail from my present company that they are initiating H1b so I dropped at that time.
                  I remembered the company name as infowave,

Thanks,
                  Vamsi.M

Comment

Well, how can you take a job without even knowing anything about the company? The company looks like a pure consultancy company. I wouldn't risk providing false information while filing the petition or during visa interview. If they figure out, you will be the one who will get effected. Once they blacklist for fraud, you can never get a visa to enter U.S. First of all research on the company and find out how reputed they are. To me it looks like a shady consultancy company.

Hi Shervin,

Even I don't know exactly , they called me last year and said I need to learn software testing and should be ready to work for them at least 1 year,
                    I said ok , the next day I got a mail from my present company that they are initiating H1b so I dropped at that time.
                    I remembered the company name as infowave,

Thanks,
                    Vamsi.M

Comment

Hi Shervin,

that company was a known company which was running by our relatives family.
                      she only referred me there to check them.

Thanks,
                      Vamsi.M

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X