Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221 (g) Blue slip - Client Letter

Hi,

I came to India for vacation and I had to get my new approved Visa (till Sep 2013) stamped in my passport. I had the visa interview in the first week of May. During the interview, the person asked the following questions:

1. When did you arrive in India?
    2. Did you read the pamphlet (which was in the counter)?
    3. Asked for the pay stubs which I provided
    4. Who is your client?
    5. Asked for the Client Letter - For which I said, I don't have a client letter and the person returned my passport with 221 (G) blue slip which asked to submit the Client Letter with agreeement between the companies.

My company was not able to provide the client letter and provided only the Company letter. My company submitted this to the Consulate and the consulate responded back in 3 days by writing (2nd request) in the blue slip and returned again without stamping.

After too much struggle, my company got the client letter and submitted them on May 24. I was expecting to receive the passport with visa stamped in 3 days. But until now, I haven't heard back from them. I was supposed to return on May 19 and I couldn't due to the visa problem.

Could you please advise on what can be done in this scenarion? Can I send e-mail or contact US consulate asking for the status? My wife is alone in US as she couldn't join me on vacation to India.

When the visa extension was submitted from US, it was premium processing. But the time lag is now when I came to India for vacation. Can you suggest what I can do now to expedite the process?

There is nothing you could do other than to wait for the consulate to respond back. There is no definite timeline for the 221g to get processed as each case is different. There is nothing you could do to expedite the process. Read the experience posted by others in the below thread.
    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83302
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if there is a way to track it? In my 221 g form, they asked only for the client letter. Adminstrative processing was not marked.

So are you saying, it will go for adminstrative processing even if the case is not marked for adminstrative processing.

Comment

Very much possible. How would they validate your client letter without going through the admin process? Talk to VFS helpdesk and they may provide you the tracking information.

Originally posted by ashwinkhai View Post
        So are you saying, it will go for adminstrative processing even if the case is not marked for adminstrative processing.

Comment

Thanks for response again.

But they have kept my passport and visa documents.

Comment

Yes that is a common procedure. Search an read the posts related to 221g. If the admin processing goes well, they will return your petition and your passport with the visa stamped. If not, you will just get your passport back.

Originally posted by ashwinkhai View Post
            But they have kept my passport and visa documents.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X