Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa and Passport Validity

Hi,
    I am H4 visa holder, traveling to India. Will have to go for H4 Visa stamping along with my husband who is a H1 visa holder.

I have my passport valid for 6 months and 10 days from the date of my visa interview.

1.Will I be good for getting visa based on my passport validity?
    2.On the date of my travel back to US, I have my passport valid for 1 day short of 6 months, Will I be able to leave India and enter US?
    3.If on my new I94 the expiry date is given as the expiry date of my passport, how to extend the I94 and what is the procedure?

Greatly appreciate your responses.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bshan; 06-04-2011, 12:32 PM.

1.Will I be good for getting visa based on my passport validity?
    >>> Yes. The visa might very well be issued only till the passport expiry date. So it is advisable to the passport renewed before you go for the visa interview.

2.On the date of my travel back to US, I have my passport valid for 1 day short of 6 months, Will I be able to leave India and enter US?
    >>> Yes.

3.If on my new I94 the expiry date is given as the expiry date of my passport, how to extend the I94 and what is the procedure?
    >>> You need to file form I-539 to extend the H4 status from within U.S. Extension of status can be filed 6 months prior to the I-94 expiry date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X