Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending H1 221g yellow - applying for H4

Hi All,

My H1B case is pending since 5 months after receiving 221g yellow slip at HYD.
    Now my wife got H1B stamped and she travelled to US last week. My question is, If I apply for H4, will this revokes my H1B(I-797) application which is still under admin process?.
    Please suggest?

No issues. Are you saying that there is a H1B stamping pending with the consulate and then another petition pending with USCIS?

Originally posted by Ksr0810 View Post
    Now my wife got H1B stamped and she travelled to US last week. My question is, If I apply for H4, will this revokes my H1B(I-797) application which is still under admin process?.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Its only one petition with consulate at hyd and that is H1B. This is in pending since long time. Now I want to apply for H4. Will this revokes my pending H1B petition?
      If it revokes the, is that done automatically?.

Comment

No. Each application is processed independently. If you have the passport with you, then you can apply for H4 visa. When the H1B admin process gets completed successfully, the consulate will ask you to submit the passport to stamp the H1B visa. At that time, probably they will cancel the H4 visa in the passport.

Its only one petition with consulate at hyd and that is H1B. This is in pending since long time. Now I want to apply for H4. Will this revokes my pending H1B petition?
        If it revokes the, is that done automatically?.

Comment

Ok... If that the case then I will seek for H4 process.

One more question
          If I go to US on H4 and if i'm able to find a job over there then can I start working immediately with just H1 approval ( without stamping) OR should I get my visa stamped and should work?.

Comment

Duplicate question.
            http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90109

If I go to US on H4 and if i'm able to find a job over there then can I start working immediately with just H1 approval ( without stamping) OR should I get my visa stamped and should work?.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X