Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usa visa stamping

Hi All,
    I have my USA H1b petition apporoved in 2010 but my visa has expired. I want to visit my brother in UK.
    Can i schedule my visa appointment in London USA embassy or i have to go back to my home country for visa stamping?
    Can i get a UK visitor visa(or first i have to get a usa visa in my home country)?
    Thanks all

If it is your first time H1B stamping and if you did not do your studies in U.S , then you have to go to your home country. If not, you can schedule the visa interview in U.K.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      If it is your first time H1B stamping and if you did not do your studies in U.S , then you have to go to your home country. If not, you can schedule the visa interview in U.K.
      Thanks for replying
      i have my second i-797(approval notice) when i was in usa. My first i-797 and visa got expired in 2010.
      I did not do my studies from usa.
      Do i have to get my visa stamped from my home country or can i get it stamped in canada/mexico/UK?
      If canada/mexico/UK which is the best option?
      Thanks

Comment

I thought I answered very clearly in my previous reply. Did you previously had an H1B visa stamped in your passport (Doesn't matter whether it is currently valid or not)? If Yes, then you can get it stamped in any U.S consulate that accepts third country citizens. If not, you have to go back to your home country to get the first H1B stamped (Since you did not do your studies in U.S).

Originally posted by vkrmhj View Post
        Thanks for replying
        i have my second i-797(approval notice) when i was in usa. My first i-797 and visa got expired in 2010.
        I did not do my studies from usa.
        Do i have to get my visa stamped from my home country or can i get it stamped in canada/mexico/UK?
        If canada/mexico/UK which is the best option?
        Thanks
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X