Court marriage for H-4 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court marriage for H-4 visa

I have a few questions regarding application for my wife's H-4 visa. The scenario is "I am working in US on H-1 Visa and I am planning to come to India for 10 days and get registrar marriage in court.

Based on the above scenario, my questions are:

1. Can I apply for my wife's H-4 Visa along with my H-1 Visa, i.e. can we get a single appointment for the visa since all the documents for myself and my wife will be the same
    2. Since, it is a court marriage, we would not have an invitation card printed and also we will not have the Hindu marriage ceremony pictures to show to the consulate office. Will the marriage certificate itself suffice as a proof of our marriage?
    3. What supporting documents are required for H-4 visa other than the following ?
    a. I-797 of principal applicant (i.e. me)
    b. I-129 of principal applicant (i.e. me)
    c. Marriage certificate (to prove the marriage)

Please let me know.
    Thanks,

1. Can I apply for my wife's H-4 Visa along with my H-1 Visa, i.e. can we get a single appointment for the visa since all the documents for myself and my wife will be the same
    >>> Yes, you can. Need to chose the "Family Option" while completing the visa application.

2. Since, it is a court marriage, we would not have an invitation card printed and also we will not have the Hindu marriage ceremony pictures to show to the consulate office. Will the marriage certificate itself suffice as a proof of our marriage?
    >>> Marriage certificate is enough.

3. What supporting documents are required for H-4 visa other than the following ?
    >>> https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

It lists the following documents required for the spouse
      Spouse / Dependent Children

Original, valid HDFC bank visa fee receipt ( only for applicants scheduled at U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai).
      The original Notice of Action Form I-797 of the Principal Applicant.
      Form I-129 (if Form I-797 is a blanket permit, copy of Form I-797 and I-129) of the Principal Applicant,
      Photocopy of the Principal Applicant’s valid visa (if applying separately).
      Original Marriage Certificate (for spouse) along with your entire wedding photo album.
      Original Birth certificate (for each child).

Comment

Can you please tell me how long it takes to get a marriage certificate after Court Marriage?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X