Cover letter for H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover letter for H4

I want extend my H4. I want sample cover letter to consulate.

Template

There is no fixed template. However, here is a simple cover letter that can be used to request an H4 extension. You will need to change the bold texts in the template accordingly.

<Name and Complete Address>

<Date>

[Change the below address if you are filing at a different service center]
    U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    US Citizenship and Immigration Services
    California Service Center
    P.O. Box 30111
    Laguna Niguel, Ca 92607-0111

Re: Extension of my H4 status

Dear Sir/Madam:

I, <H4 holder’s full name>, requesting an extension of my H4 status based on my [husband/wife – change accordingly] <H1B holder’s full name>’s approved H1B petition (<H1B Receipt Number>). As per H4 regulations, I will continue to be a dependent and will not involve in any kind of employment while I am in H4 status.

Yours sincerely,

< Full Name of the H4 holder> [Sign above]
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Need assistence

Hi, Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful for me.

I need some explanation letter for late apply of my H4. It was laready >180 days.

I submitted medical certificate.

Comment

You gotta be kidding. I am not sure how you are expecting an explanation letter from the forum for your late filing. You are the only one who would know why you delayed filing your extension and you should be able to write that down in a letter. Even if it was for medical reason, I am not sure what stopped you from filing an extension on time. The chances are that your extension might get denied. You are also in risk since you overstayed beyond 180 days and you qualify for 3 year ban. I advise you consult a good immigration attorney who should be able to take care of all this for you.

Originally posted by suseela View Post
        I need some explanation letter for late apply of my H4. It was laready >180 days.

I submitted medical certificate.

Comment

Thank you

Hi shervin, Thanks alot for ur advise.

1.My husband employer was applying for me now. Could you please tell me the chances of getting extension? Any chances of rejection in this process?

2. If I apply extension with medical certificate, any problem for future green card processing and jobs?

3.Is it a big problem without solution ?

4. Did you know any one got extension with in the same boat?

Comment

The chances of your extension is very slim. Unless USCIS overlook your documents, there is every possibility that your extension could get rejected. Medical certificate won't help. What is the problem in filing the extension on time even if your are medically unfit. Your spouse could have filed it in your behalf. I am not sure if USCIS will buy this excuse. And I don't know anyone who got the extension successfully after staying illegally for more than 180 days. Staying illegally for more than 180 days could cause major issues. The decision on your extension might take another 3-4 months. And if that gets rejected, then the time spend in U.S after the I-94 expiry date would have gone way up. If you stay illegally for more than 365 days, you could get up to 10 years of automatic ban. Like I mentioned, you should consult a good immigration attorney.

Originally posted by suseela View Post
            Hi shervin, Thanks alot for ur advise.

1.My husband employer was applying for me now. Could you please tell me the chances of getting extension? Any chances of rejection in this process?

2. If I apply extension with medical certificate, any problem for future green card processing and jobs?

3.Is it a big problem without solution ?

4. Did you know any one got extension with in the same boat?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X