H1B visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa stamping

My H1B petition was applied on April 2010 through company A, but there was a RFE generated on the petition. After providing all the necessary documents the petition was accepted in March 2011. However in the mean time in Oct 2010 company A processed by Danish WP and sent me on a project assignment to Denmark. Now I am in Denamrk till Dec 2011. My H1B Visa is not stamped. I have some queries regarding this
    1. For How long the H1B petition is valid without getting the Visa stamped.
    2. Is it mandatory to stamp the visa in the same country from where the petition is applied.
    3. In my case Can I stamp my H1B visa from Denmark.

1. For How long the H1B petition is valid without getting the Visa stamped.
    >>> Petition expiry will be printed in the approval notice. Visa stamping as nothing to do with the petition expiry date.

2. Is it mandatory to stamp the visa in the same country from where the petition is applied.
    >>> First time H1B stamping should be from your home country unless you have completed your studies in U.S.

3. In my case Can I stamp my H1B visa from Denmark.
    >>> You can give it a try. If the VO asks you to go back to your home country to get it stamped, then that is what you have to do. But since you are currently staying in Denmark, it is worth giving it a try.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I am also planning to go for visa in Denmark. Currently am in U.S and have completed my masters in Denmark and done first time H1B stamping in Denmark. Please let me know your experience with the stamping if you have been to embassy in Copenhagen.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X