Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Start Date

Hi,

I searched the posts in this forum but could not find answer to my query. Can anyone of you please reply to my query ?

I had my H1 approved in 2008. However, I did not use it and stayed on H4. Now, I got an offer from another employer and they did H4 to H1 COS and H1 Transfer (cap-exempt).

1. I received an email from USCIS saying that my petition is approved on June 2nd 2011.

2. My employer received hard copy of Approval Notice on June 6th 2011 with I-94. The Notice date on Approval Notice is June 2nd 2011 and Valid from date is 31/May/2011. The I-94 Valid from date is same as Valid from date in Approval Notice i.e. May 31st 2011.

I have a question regarding my employment start date. Is it as per the I-94 date/Notice date in the approval notice (31st May 2011) or email notification date (June 2nd 2011) or the date when Hard Copy of Approval Notice received by my employer (June 6th 2011) ?

Please guide me.

Thanks

Technically your status has changed from H4 to H1B as of the effective of the H1B approval notice (It should be printed in your approval notice). Beginning that date, you need to get paid (as per the approved LCA) to maintain your H1B status.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Re: Employment Start Date

Thanks shervin143 for your quick reply.

My approval notice contains both "Notice Date" and "Valid from" date which are different. Hence, I am confused.

"Valid from" date is 2 days behind "Notice date". So, technically should it be "Notice date" or "Valid from" date as employment start date ?

Thanks.

Comment

"Valid From" date is your effective date.

Originally posted by squid View Post
        Thanks shervin143 for your quick reply.

My approval notice contains both "Notice Date" and "Valid from" date which are different. Hence, I am confused.

"Valid from" date is 2 days behind "Notice date". So, technically should it be "Notice date" or "Valid from" date as employment start date ?

Thanks.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

shervin143,

Thanks for quick response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X