doc for COS from H4 to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doc for COS from H4 to H1

I am planning to go back on H1 this year.I had H1 till 2010 and went back on H4.

What documents are needed this time for COS to H1?Do I need to show my sal slips or my hubsband's sal slips?

Thanks.

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I had already seen this list of doc ....just wnted to confirm that this time also I just need to show my husband's doc.Does this mean that I dn't have to show my previous sal slips?

Comment

Payslips are required only when you are currently working in a work status (L1 or B1B). The reason why USCIS requests the payslips is to prove that the person is currently maintaining the valid work status (Juts to make sure the person is not out of status). H4 dependents are not allowed to work. So there is no need to submit the payslips. However, person who is in H4 will be considered to be maintaining the H4 status only when the H1B holder is currently in status. That is because H4 is tied to the H1B. When H1B holder is out of status, so does H4 dependents. To prove that the H1B holder is currently maintaining the status, you need to submit the payslips and employment verification letter of the primary H1B holder (your spouse) when you file a COS from H4 to H1B.

Originally posted by DGirl View Post
        I had already seen this list of doc ....just wnted to confirm that this time also I just need to show my husband's doc.Does this mean that I dn't have to show my previous sal slips?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X